Who: Open to journalists of all kinds—salaried, freelance, semi-pro.
What: Three $500 awards for journalists to report, write and publish a print, video, audio or multimedia story about poverty in America.
When: Deadline for developed story proposals is October 26, 2012 .
Where: Email your story proposal to Joan Millon (email@example.com) with “Poverty Story Awards” in the subject line.
Proposals should include the following:
• Description of your story up to 500 words
• Story lead or premise and why your story is important NOW
• Data sources, main characters and additional sources
• Main medium (print, broadcast, online)
• If primarily text or broadcast, do you plan to include a multimedia component (video, audio, photo, graphics) and how will that enhance the story?
• Your bio and why you are the best person to do it
• Where do you propose to publish or broadcast the story?
Please include an attachment of, or links to, 3-5 work samples.
Judges will inform the winners by October 30 .
Winners receive $250 upon acceptance and the remaining $250 balance upon submission of a completed draft of the story to the Poverty judges before December 15, 2012.